Main structural data
- Compressive strength: 90 – 200 N/mm² (13,000 – 29,000 psi)
- Flexural strength: 16 – 75 N/mm² (2,300 – 11,000 psi)
- Tensile strength: 8 – 20 N/mm² (1,100 – 2,900 psi)
- Shear strength: 3 – 16 N/mm² (430 – 2,300 psi)
- Modulus of elasticity: > 38.000 N/mm² (> 5,500 ksi)
- Thickness: > 10 mm (> 0.39 inch)
- Ballistics: VPAM class PM9 (7,62mmx51 API) at 80mm thickness, PM14 (14,7mmx109 API) at 100-150mm thickness
- Forced entry: highest class RC6 at 75 mm thickness
- Impervious overlay at 55 mm thickness
For further information feel free to contact us. We can inform you about the wide-ranging applicability.
- High explosion and bullet resistance
- High ductility and energy absorption
- Eaves dropping, x-ray absorption
- High durability
- Abrasion resistance
- Fire resistance
- Electric conductivity
The material performance of DUCON is programmable and can be adjusted to the required characteristics. For example the flexural strength varies from high load bering capacity (A) to extremely ductile behaviour ©. The ductile behaviour © is required for high energy absorbing structural elements (explosion, earthquake, impact), see right.
Feel free to contact us in order to discuss potential applications and advantages of DUCONfor your project.